Monday 22 December 2008

New PB for Grooner

Monday, 22nd December

After a difficult start to the season Grooner's (Hugh Rooney) persistance has finally paid off, in his own words:
"With the baits getting no attention at this particular spot, we upped the lines and went "round the corner" to give it a try. Again we thought it was another barren area, when at 2ish my float plopped under and line pulled from my reel (set in baitrunner mode).

First glance at the fish we knew she was a beauty, after 3-4 powerful runs for freedom Patrick professionally and perfectly had her in the net for me (Cheers bro ). After unhooking her and placing her in the sling (thinking of last Sunday after missing out by 8oz) , I wondered could this be it After a double check and deducting 1lb 9oz for the sling this was the result, a fine fish of 21.06 HAPPY DAYS.

After all together hundreds of fish hours and miles traveled I am now privelged to be a member of that elusive and exclusive "20 club"